Sup Gearbox experience

You all pernah makan sup gearbox tak?....apa rasanya? best tak? Yesterday was the first time in my life that I had sup gearbox (at a relative's)...

Sup Gearbox (pic from Google pics)

...the taste....well, rasa sup with all the usual condiments for soto such as nasi impit or meehoon..then the new thing was there's sliced potatoes (which are fried...kinda like potato chips)---so my son said. Lagi, ada cili (kinda like blended cili merah with a bit of air gula taste)...then normally if we eat soto mesti ada hirisan ayam or meehoon sup mesti ada beef sikit2 kan?....ni takde... :( sup gearbox ada tulang + ligaments (lemak) in which the lemak is said to be a good lemak (unsaturated fat) so it does not harm your cholestrol nor it adds to your existing lemak...

However, from my personal experience...it was kinda weird...kinda slimy to eat....errrmm...kalau bagi free lagi sekali I wouldn't want to eat it, well, maybe the soup je kot...the funny thing was, when the host asked if we wanted to 'tambah'...my husband replied that he is a small eater at night (in which is true, thats how he maintains his belly)....then macamana ntah my mom n dad pun jadi small eater...same as my brother...aik..tiba-tiba je semua orang jadi small eater.

Dalam kereta, my brother said he's still hungry then semua orang lepas tu ngomel-ngomel soup tu tak sedap...I think bukan tak sedap, just kita tak biasa makan slimy-slimy tu....my colleague said some restaurants siap bagi straw so that you can sluuurppp the soup to the last drop...luckily my son suka sup so no problem to him...he actually tambah sup tuh...

So, itulah pengalaman pertama makan sup gearbox...that morning my husband and I went to carboot Shah Alam and saw pots and pots of sup gearbox served for breakfast....then we thought " hmmm...byk gile sup gearbox...ada orang makan ke pagi2 ni?"....well, apparently adala kot, kalau tak, takkan sampai berperiuk-periuk kan?...hmmm...

2 scribz:

Mohammad Alias said...

yang kat kedai tu lain cara masaknya...yang kite makan ni masakan cara jawa!!!!kata tuan rumah le....u kena try sup gear box kat JB...sedap giller!!!

Almiraz said...

Tu ah...dats what my colleagues said ....ok, nanti u bawak la I...hihihihi

Related Posts with Thumbnails