Tempah baju Raya..walaupun belum puasa lagi…

You must be thinking…belum puasa pun lagi minah ni dah nak hantar jahit baju raya??…well, ini strategi…(chewahh)…..takde strategi apa-apa, just want to avoid the rush masa puasa nanti with penat and everything….tak sangguplah….

Mula-mula kena beli kain dulu. Since Jakel (in Shah Alam) is having a sale (until 30 June 2010), I went there to get our cloth for baju raya. I love cotton while my husband loves linen. So, even without him around, (I went with my mom and aunty…and of course, my son mesti tag along punya) I managed to buy our kain raya. Luckily hubby is not a fussy person. These are our kain raya..

swiss cotton Yang bunga-bunga tu my Swiss Cotton and hubby n son's linen

Oh yeah, there’s a story in Jakel. I actually asked the salesgirl what is the difference between Swiss cotton, Pakistan cotton and Japanese cotton. The salesgirl said, 'Pakistan cotton takde kualiti’ then continued ‘yang paling bagus Swiss cotton la….then i thought (loh I dah beli 2 pasang Pakistan cotton 2 mths ago kat Bareez…nampak ok jer…tapi belum pakai lagi). Japanese cotton pulak ada yang jenis keras and ada yang lembut. Oh well, whatever…..

Anyway, back to our topic, this will be my son’s second proper baju for raya. The last time was for 2 years ago, where we sent to Den Wahab…..

And so we went to Den Wahab again this time but the measurement guy was not around (that time was 12 noon). Because we couldn’t wait, we went to Salikin. Thinking that it would be really expensive (hence the name), we just pasrah je lah…..Tengokla pics ukur session….

Ukur baju melayu Dia baik jer time ukur…

Dah siap ukur-ukur semua, I asked the guy how much do they charge for a pair of baju melayu. And it’s about RM180 (for adult) while for my son is RM80. Ok, nasib baik it’s not RM500..It’s tolerable la kan?…

One more story, the measurement guy remembered us once appeared in a magazine coz we rented a pair of Salikin wedding dress and baju melayu 4 years ago. That was a suprise!…(That was 4 years ago ok, who could still remember kan?)…

As for me, tak dapat la nak berjaya dengan baju Swiss cotton baruku….by the time dah boyot dah….next time lah ye…Kawan-kawan komen jap pasal kain cotton tadi...macam tak puas hati la dengan jawapan salesgirl tu...TQ

2 scribz:

Zee Khan said...

Nampak sangat salesgirl not exposed. Pakistan cotton tak ada quality? Has she seen Gul Ahmed's fabric (they are sold in Europe) or Al-Karam fabric? Like you said, Bareez Cotton is one of the finest qualities in Pakistan, dia pernah tengok ke?

IMHO, Swiss Cotton is keras. I prefer the softer and lighter weave of lawn or voile, of which Pakistan has in wide variety. :)

Almiraz said...

Yep, I agree with you Pakistan cotton is so soft...I haven't seen kain yg u mention tu...ada kat Mesia ke?....yang lagi satu I suka is Abisyek kat Plaza Masalam...wahh...situ lagi best...semuanya soft2...geram rasa nak beli je semua...and the patterns pun tak wild, very sweet and simple..(but actually ada corak yg garang jugak, but I suka yg sweet...hehe..)

Thanks for your comments..

Related Posts with Thumbnails