I am like my mom

As I grow maturely, I tend to be like my mom. How and why? I do not know as it just happens and still happening.

For example, when I was young, I loathed to follow my mom to Gulatis, or Maya's or any of the fabric shops along Jalan TAR. The reason being was I don't like fabric, I felt that it's a waste of time and I will just wear anything that my mom bought for me.

But now, well, eversince I got married, I just loveeee to go to Jakel. The first time I went was with my husband. He also bought me a scarf in Ariani (tudung bawal ok, masa tu, Ariani belum jual brand dia lagi, sekarang ni, orang kata kalau masuk Ariani je mesti pekerja dia tanya kenapa tak pakai Ariani?...hmm..suka hati I lah kan?...anyway,....). Besides Jakel, I also love to see fabrics online especially in Etsy or May May Shop. And my dream is to go Yuwazawa in Japan (fabric heaven)...

Second instance that I'm like my mom is all about dinnerware. When I was small and then a teenager, I didn't really care about the Queen Anne, Pyrex, Corningware or Noritake. I didn't care if my mom takes out the special dinnerware for special occasion (selalunya hari raya la) until when I was about to come back for good from overseas, I went to Stoke on Trent - a place where they produce Royal Albert/ Royal Doulton chinas. During that time I was still not so interested in those plates and cups and bowls. I tagged along my friends and bought seconds (ada scratch kat belakang) of Royal Albert's Blue Flower Sprigs (sekarang dah takde kot) for just 20 pounds! (murah giler). Oh ya! I also went to Sagamihara in Japan (like gazillion years ago) with my mom but still did not go crazy as I would have now (hamaigad why?)

But now, I go crazy when I see Pyrex, especially those vintage ones (selalu cuci mata kat The Pyrex Collective). My MIL has a few vintage Pyrex which I really want!!..hehe. And you know, they're expensive in eBay.

Next instance I'm like my mom is that we both have heavy handbags. I didn't really understand why my mom had to bring such heavy handbag (like 5 kg) until I have a baby. Yes, I stuff baby clothes, diaper, bottle, water, toiletries - in my handbag. I do have a big handbag so I guess that's why I can't stop stuffing baby things in my bag.

I'm like my mom when in the kitchen. When it's time to eat, we should all be in our seats kan? Baca doa makan sama-sama kan?..nottt, my mom loves to do other things while everyone is at their seats like emptying the dish rack or, wiping the ice-cube dispenser or she would just wash those few dishes in the sink. Now she has a gang, I would go put dirty clothes in the washing machine, or suddenly feed my baby or wash those few dishes in the sink....just like my mom, while everyone nak start makan....

And last but least, sambal belacan with durian. Yes, this is not tempoyak but real sweet durian...(OMG sangat heaven...~~~). Why? why I did not like it when I was younger or at least few years back?...I jeered and avoided it when my mom and dad had it. Why didn't it occur to me to at least have a taste of it?..Why ? Why? Nowwww, OMG OMG...nasi boleh tambah 2-3 kali ok sebab sambal durian yang sedap ini. In fact, terliur sangat when I'm writing about this now.... I rasa sapa tak makan ni memang rugi tahap dewa.

So there you have it those instances when I'm like my mom. I think ada lagi cuma maybe antara sedar dan tak sedar je kot...mommy, I love you....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 scribz:

Still Ida said...

i think most girls are like that when they are married. dulu i selalu bising2 kat my mum pasal dinnerware beli mahal tp buat pameran je. cuma pakai on special ocassion. so now its my turn, suka beli deco rumah, gila dinnerware. in fact byk pinggan mangkuk arwah MIL,i dah kaut..hehe

Anonymous said...

ol... ke mana kuah, kalau tak ke nasi kan kan kan... (n ke mana nasi kalau tak masuk mulut kan kan kan ~ peribahasa tambahan hehhehee)
anyway, b proud of it dear. agree bab yg kat dapur tu, we r equally same. my mum n i pun sama je gitu. n... bab sambal n durian tu... wohooo... mmg tersgt la heaven! n i m glad/proud that i have enjoyed it for the last 19yrs at least sbb dperkenalkan sambal+durian ni sejak kawen dulu... muahahhaha...
~ aunty lin

Almiraz said...

Ida: jaga baik-baik pyrex tuh...hehehe...nti boleh beli lagi yg lain pulak..buat collection...

Aunty lin: omg aunty lin!!!!....sambal durian sgt super nyam nyam kan ...ni duduk ni obersee ter lps la nk mkn...ke dh ngap awal2 musim haritu??...hehehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails