Bun In The Oven Baby Shower

Few weeks ago, my husband and I organised a baby shower for my sisters-in-law. After Amir's batman themed birthday held in February, I can't stop doing something creative (rasa cam tangan gatal nak buat something), so I organised this baby shower for them specially for their family and friends. First, lets look at the invitation:

adwin inv card-horz Bun in the Oven e-invitation designed by Almiroz

It's an oven yang comel inspired by the mass of oven illustrations available on the net, so my husband and I chose one design and changed it a bit, came up with this simple love in an oven.

Some of the props I used as deco include a mini oven (my mom's) topped with wooden letters by Melissa & Doug, apothecary jars, Almiraz diaper cake 2 and Almiraz Diaper Cake 3. Actually I wanted to put a mini kitchen or those girls toys of oven as deco tapi tak terbeli la pulak. I thought this will do.

DSC_0052-1 Bun in the Oven Baby Shower set up

DSC_0024 Eau Claires for the chosen theme – I love the blue…it’s just perfect!

DSC_0060 Pre-printed labels for cookies designed by sweetalmiraz

DSC_0061 Used colourful bears my mom bought when I was younger as deco

DSC_0041 Full set up – but need to improve more on the ceiling deco – and patut alih meja ke tepi kanan sikit

My husband and I also created a photo wall where guests can goof around and take pictures as rememberance.

DSC_0027 Photo wall using pinwheels as deco (Thanks hub for helping me fold them…)

We also had a corner for an on-going game called 'Guess The Pegs' where guests can guess the number of pegs in a jar. Senang je game ni. I actually wanted to hold another game but I expect it's a bit a difficult to gain the guests attention especially when most of them had a lot of catching up to do. There are a lot of baby shower games available on the net for inspiration.

DSC_0038 ‘Guess The Pegs’ form

DSC_0039 I made the Mom To Be ribbon badge –tapi tak berapa kemas

DSC_0047 On the Guess The Pegs table

DSC_0040 Guess The Pegs set up

The answer was 71. I had two nearest answers. First was Mardhiyah with 70 and the second winner was Shiela with 65 pegs. The prizes were baby bottles filled with Jelly Beans and Kisses, with baby safety pin and the oven label as deco.

DSC_0013 The prizes – Jelly beans and Kisses in a baby bottle

winners-horz Winners of Guess The Pegs Game

For the food, my mom and I ordered all the sweet delish from Aunty Noni (you can search for her at Mars & FamilyHouse FB page) but the other important food such as pulut kuning and mee hoon was made by my dear Cikdah. Yumsss...!….

DSC_0070-horz My mom ordered these….soooo yummy

DSC_0066 Cuppies – but not Wondermilk sponsored by my sis in law, and cupcake toppers designed by sweetalmiraz

DSC_0078-horz Mom ordered the cheese tarts from Aunty Noni and the cookies by my favourite baker

DSC_0059 Pies from Hezza’s Piestop (FB page Hezza's Piestop)

DSC_0073-vert Macarons by Le Chouette Macarons and Shepherd’s pies by Aunty Noni

DSC_0079 Satay Hj Samuri (ntah kenapa jadik makanan wajib) – thanks sis in law who sponsored this

DSC_0084 Dadih by Faris Dessert (will blog about it soon…)

DSC_0153 Awesome and colourful kuih qoo – from sis in laws’s mom

DSC_0082 Garrets pun ado

Nilah dia, my sisters in laws……

DSC_0184 Shaza & Mahani – the moms to be

Among the guests yang sempat bergambar dengan photo props….and pics of kiddos

DSC_0091-1 Goofing with the photo booth props

DSC_0088 My kiddos jadi baby sitter

DSC_0176 More goofing

DSC_0113 Cute!

DSC_0177 Another goofy picture – my bro, Shaza and their friends

DSC_0099 My bro and Dina

DSC_0165 Mahani’s family – thank you for coming!!

I would say this party is better than Amir’s birthday coz I did not invite a lot of people and the set up table was not too crowded as Amir’s birthday hari tu……Hope to be better in future…..I just lovee doing this!

4 scribz:

Izzy said...

OMG Oleennnnnn!!! Comel gila! you memang boleh jadi party planner!!!

Almiraz said...

Hehe... Thanks Izz for the comment....

yatie chomeyl said...

socreative....ok, nak hrie u for my baby;s next birthdya party (gile la baby x keluar lagi mommy nya dh fikir bday party* hahahaha

Almiraz said...

Yatie,

Boleh sajaaa..mommy yang terlebih excited...biasalah tu....

Related Posts with Thumbnails