Olay Yuna & Friends Buka Puasa Reunion Party

Yes! Alhamdulillah I won this contest!...

olay buka puasa poster Picture taken from Olay Malaysia FB page

This is the only contest that I entered after a bajillion years of hibernating. When I was young, I used to enter those contests in newspapers and usually won movie passes. I can still remember, the best was I got to watch Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed (don't ask why I rasa this is the best, maybe masa tu susah nak gi tengok wayang kot).....but that time has passed coz I stopped reading newspapers. Don't get me wrong, I still read newspapers now but never in detail or ngadap suratkhabar 24 jam. So, having said that, memanglah I tak tengok contest ke, apa ke, I just don't have the time.

Until I saw on Yuna's FB page about Olay Total Effects Yuna & Friends Buka Puasa Reunion Party...I was like hmmm...maybe I should just give it a try, who knows I'm lucky?

And I am lucky indeed! I was one of the Grand Prize winners and got to meet Yuna in person! ...(ok, too much exclamation marks now....)
 
olay winners' table Olay winners’ table – yay! (I was seated here) terover excited you…

A bit of a background on this contest. So basically Olay Malaysia had 5 of Yuna's best friends (one childhood friend whom she knows when she was 10 years old and the others are her uni friends) to try out their skincare products for a month. Each of Yuna's friends had various types of skin such as oily, dry, combination, very very oily and I think the other friend had really bad pimples. So, all of them had to go through the Olay skincare regime and provide their feedback on the reunion day itself.
 
Yuna's friends Yuna’s friends spilling Yuna’s secrets and their skincare secrets

The contest for the public was from 16 July - 10 August 2012. All I did to be eligible was bought an Olay product worth RM25 above, watched the 4 webisodes in Olay's FB page and answer a simple question from each of the webisodes.
 
I thought I didn't win, coz Olay had published the names of the winners at their FB page on the closing date itself. So I was pasrah jelah...but somehow while I was at their FB page, I saw a notification from Olay asking me to immediately contact them and provide my contact number. I was soo nervous, but still thought that I could not have won anything coz I saw the winners name. When they finally got to contact me, the rest was a memorable history.
 
Olay winners Olay Malaysia Yuna and Friends Buka Puasa Reunion Party winners – cer teka saya yang mana..uhukss

The buka puasa was held in KL Hilton on 16 August 2012.. As a winner, I got to bring 3 of my friends to experience meeting Yuna in person and buka puasa with her and her 5 friends.
 
IMG_2358 My friends with Hunnymadu

We arrived at 6.30 pm (sharp) and took pictures. I even took pictures of the food :p
 
IMG_2390-horz

After berbuka puasa, Hunnymadu (as the emcee for the day) introduced Yuna's friends. After that, there was a video of Yuna's friends spilling Yuna's big secret that 'only friends know'. So apparently, Yuna used to sleep during lectures in uni (hmmm.... who doesn't kan?)
 
Yuna and Hunnymadu Yuna interviewed by Hunnymadu

Yuna also performed 5 songs; Remember My Name, Island, Live Your Life, Raya Oh Yeah and Terukir di Bintang….but I only have 3 songs recorded and for you guys to watch here….somehow I can’t seem to record the last song….my phone just refused you know (maybe dia merajuk on behalf of my husband kot). And the fourth song I’m saving for my other post (hehehehh…)…..
 
Please don’t mind the gegar-gegar of the recording, it’s me adjusting the view and kalau gegar jugak tu, could be my pulse…hahhahaha…ye ke?…..and I hope there’s no copyright issues…
 
Disclaimer: I recorded the videos myself and there was no prohibition from Olay or Yuna prior to the event.
Yuna’s first song - Remember My Name – Olay Yuna & Friends Buka Puasa Party
 Yuna’s second song - Island – Olay Yuna & Friends Buka Puasa Party
Yuna’s third song – Live your Life – Olay Yuna & Friends Buka Puasa Party
I brought home an Olay hamper and 3 bags of Olay products that could last me a year!...
 
olay hamper Olay hamper – stok setahun kot!

And, not forgetting....cds signed by Yuna herself...
 
Yuna cd signed Yuna US debut album cd signed by Yuna herself
 
Thank you Olay Malaysia for selecting me as the winner….I enjoyed my time meeting Yuna with my friends!
 
Lastly, a pose from Yuna for her fans….
 
Yuna in Olay Buka Puasa

4 scribz:

Coffee Mama said...

Oh my!! U won a grand prize! Happy for you and u're lucky! (ops..too much exclamation mark too..over excited jugerrr..hehehe)

Almiraz said...

Coffee Mama: Lina, one of the grand prize winners..heeheh...excited sgt sampai tertinggal perkataan 'one'....hahhaah

azzamoro said...

wahh syok gile. siap dapat present stok setahun tu. congrats babe. :)

Almiraz said...

Azzamoro: Aza, I dah distribute kat my family semua brg tu, tinggal kat I satu dua jer..heheheh

Related Posts with Thumbnails