Kuala Lumpur Vintage Festival 2013

Last two Sundays, my family and I went to the Kuala Lumpur Vintage Festival which was held in Lanai Matic (just beside Saloma Bistro along Jalan Ampang)….(shows how long this blog is not updated)….

KL Vintage Festival

Anyway, my husband yang ajak coz he loves this vintage market thingy, especially when his favourite vendors are selling off their racks of bundle clothes and retro-feel items……I pun suka, so kitorang pun pegilah awal pagi Sabtu. The day before it rained so area Lanai Matic tu was wet all the way lah…plus ada smelly sikit but most probably from nearby longkang ke apa, but, it was tolerable……

First stall was a stall selling bundle clothes, wahhh bersinar2 mata husband ku….and Doc Marts and Raybans….

Dr Marts

Jalan-jalan (we turned right after this stall)…..we passed a few food stalls so bolayan dulu coz baru je breakfast nasi lemak at home….then we saw Wak Doyok…terus nak tangkap gambar with this celebrity (Wak Doyok is known for his mustache, his sense of fashion and people envy how slim he is – he’s even slimmer in real life!).

Wak Doyok Hubby and kids with Wak Doyok

He’s promoting his range of clothes called The Garment, inspired by manly look and strong British influence. Check out his FB page/Thegarment to know more.

the garmet by Wak Doyok

We passed through many stalls and each of them have their own character, were very interesting in their own way. Just see the pictures that I snapped. The one below here is from Therubahstore. It’s where I bought vintage ‘bekas kole’ (in my favourite colour – mint!). Check out their range of tins and trinklets too…you can also check out their instagram (with the same name). 

therubahstore

Others that I snapped were:

IMG_6172

IMG_6171

IMG_6165

IMG_6234

IMG_6170 Eyh sempat lagi budak-budak ni…

IMG_6173Straight from the carboot

Project Swissify. This was where I got my leather-looking studded bangle (the ones displayed in the suitcase). The owner said it was a hit during Urbanscapes so they were left with only a few bangles.

project swissify

IMG_6218

After dah jalan-jalan, we feel like having something to munch and saw these huge choc chip cookies! Yummers! They came in L size and XL. My kids love them so much!

Dah makan, mesti nak air kan, we bought Pop The Soda. This is the first non-alcoholic, local Malaysian made Indie Soda brand in the market (based in Putrajaya). They were tastyyyyy!!!!….Love them so much now we regretted that we only bought 5 bottles. They come in a few flavours (Lychee, Soursop, Banana, Pineapple and Mango). Sedapp…but at first, look at Amar’s reaction when he sipped the soda.

pop soda

Hahahah…but after that he was ok….semua nak nak nak lagi….haihhh…kesian hubby I dapat minum sikit je…

IMG_6168

pop the soda Check out their FB page /Pop The Soda

I love the brown bottles! You can also book them for weddings or engagement or anything I guess….we’re planning to buy more (for our stock – hahaha)…

Entrance fee was RM1 per person and we got KL Vintage stickers each. My husband also bought me a KL Vintage Festival 2013 t-shirt as a remembrance. I love the tee! (it’s a baseball kinda t-shirt).

We hope join this kind of festival/event again in future. Thank you Pintu Merah and Lanai Matic for organising this social event.

1 scribz:

Vintage Library said...

Wow. I am sure you have a great time there. Normally, I only see this type of event in places like Bangkok, looks like Kuala Lumpur is picking up. This year the Vintage Festival is held in Stadium Merdeka, too bad I did not managed to go. Hopefully I wont miss the next one.

Those who missed this meaningful event might want to know where else to find these vintage stuff.
I will recommend you guys to go Publika KL. Full of Vintage Shops such as the infamous "Outdated", filled with nice vintage furnitures. There are a few nice shops selling vintage stuff as well. But if you are looking for "NEW" vintage stuff, maybe you can come to our shop "Vintage Library" at Klang Parade in Klang. We sell ├Ânly new unused products, but with vintage designs. Visit us at www.vintagelibrary.com.my for more information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails